Engineering Officer of the Watch(E.O.O.W)
Liverpool John Moores University offers the E.O.O.W course for engine rating background (Experienced sea fearer) as well as Graduate Engineers if they fulfill the desired criteria. Candidate has to do 2 months’ preparatory course in India and 3 months’ workshop at the LJMU campus, UK.
The 2 months course covers the following syllabus:
- EK Motor, EK General and EK Control
- IAMI General Engineering Science A and Science B
- Oral preparation
To be eligible to register on a study Programme you must meet the following requirements:
Have completed 24 months’ seagoing service on merchant ships of at least 350 kW or more with the rank of Oiler / Motorman / Fitter. (Sea service as a WIPER is not counted.)
Have UK MNTB Training Record Book (TRB) with which candidate has sailed for 9 months along with 24 months sea service. Also he needs to have a STCW III/4 Watch Rating Certificate (At least 6 months out of 9 month of sailing with MNTB Book)
Exemptions: If you hold engineering qualifications (degree, HND/HNC or equivalent) completed in the UK or an EU member state, you may apply for an exemption from the academic subjects only. The modules of your engineering Programme must show a match of at least 70% with the IAMI syllabus and you must secure at least 50% pass marks in the respective modules.
|Subjects||No. of Weeks||Fee structure|
|MCA Approved Workshop||3 months (At LJMU campus, UK)||£3200|
|Engineering Science A & B||6 weeks||£500|
|EK General & EK Motor||£500|
Note: If you want tution from us,download fee structure here.
- No need to do IELTS preparation course
- You have to do workshop of 3 months in UK before or after appearing of academic subjects
- Study in India at LJMU campus, Bhubaneswar (State: Odisha) and appear For exam and workshop in UK
- We assist you for Visa application process and NOE application
- Class time is 10:00-17:00 (Monday-Friday)
- Smart class rooms, best accommodations, well equipped library
- Experienced Faculties (UK COC Holders)
- Exam Oriented Notes and Solutions. (Previous 10 years question paper solution)
- Special Classes for Oral preparation
To be issued with an E.O.O.W unlimited, III/1, Certificate of Competency you must meet the following requirements:
(a) Since the age of 16, have obtained 36 months’ combined seagoing service (in the engine room) and workshop skills training. This must include:
- Seagoing service of not less than 24 months in merchant ships of at least 350 kW
- A further 9 months’ seagoing service on merchant ships of at least 750 kW, which includes onboard training that meets the requirements of section A-III/1 of the STCW Code and is documented in an approved MNTB Training Record Book (TRB) and its associated workbook
- 3 months’ approved workshop skills training
(b) Successfully complete approved education and training Programme, meeting the standards of competency specified in section A-III/1 of the STCW Code, as listed in section 7.4.1.
(c) Hold the applicable ancillary and safety course certificates listed in section 6 (Refer MSN_1857 )
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code A-VI/1-4)
(d) Pass the IAMI EOOW written examinations at an approved center in the following subjects:
Engineering Knowledge sections4
- Motor and/or steam
- Control Engineering
(e) Hold a valid ENG1 (medical fitness certificate) or accepted equivalent
(f) Pass MCA the oral examination ‘STCW Reg – III/1 Engineer Officer of the Watch’
Book your seat at SAMET by paying 10,000 INR
& Purchase your MNTB Tarbook by Paying 10,000 INR, please refer
Bank Details: A/C Holder Name- SAMET
A/C NO. – 24021450000032
HDFC Bank IFSc code:- HDFC0002402
Branch:- Vivekananda marg, Bhubaneshwar
Book your course at LJMU,UK
- International applicants are required to pay the above subject payment with their application form. Full Subject payments can be paid via an online credit or debit card payment at:Payment Gateway
Accommodation Facility (Including meal) is provided nearby campus.
Approximately one month prior to your course intake you will receive enrolment and induction instructions. You will be required to attend an enrolment session where you will complete an online enrolment form and pay your course fees in full. Only then can you become a student of the University and receive a student card. You will also be expected to attend an induction day to prepare you for your course and for life as a student at LJMU.
University and examination fees are subject to change from time to time. The fees payable at any stage is the fee current at the time of enrolment or application for examination.