Engineering Officer of the Watch(EOOW)
Liverpool John Moores University offers the Engineer officer of watch(E.O.O.W) course for engine rating background (Experienced sea fearer) as well as Graduate Engineers if they fulfill the desired criteria. Candidate has to do 3 months’ preparatory course and 3 months’ workshop in SAMET campus,Bhubaneswar.
The 3 months course covers the following syllabus:
- EK Motor, EK General
- IAMI General Engineering Science A and Science B
- Oral preparation
- Control Engineering
Experienced seafarer programme – Eligibility:
If you are eligible to enter onto this programme you will need to apply directly to LJMU
To be eligible to register on a study programme you must meet the following requirements:
(a) Have completed 24 months’ seagoing service on merchant ships of at least 350 KW;
(b) Hold either:
- An Engine Watch Rating Certiﬁcate STCW regulation III/4; or
- A Marine Engine Operator Licence (MEOL); or
- A Senior Marine Engine Operator Licence (SMEOL);
(c) Hold basic STCW safety training certiﬁcates;
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code A-VI/1-1);
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code A-VI/1-2);
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code A-VI/1-3);
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code A-VI/1-4);
(d) Hold a valid ENG1 (medical ﬁtness certiﬁcate) or accepted equivalent. If you meet the above requirements and are accepted by LJMU, you will then undertake the experienced seafarer route after obtaining LIA Action plan & MNTB Training Record Book.
The Alternative Route for Qualiﬁed Engineers and Engineering Graduates to Obtain an Engineer Ofﬁcer of the Watch (EOOW) Unlimited Certiﬁcate of Competency.
If you have completed a suitable engineering qualiﬁcation and/or work based apprenticeship, you may apply through the alternative route. This will include:
- Graduates or Higher National Diploma (HND)/Higher National Certiﬁcate (HNC) holders in Mechanical or Marine Engineering, or in an engineering subject that covers at least four of the following 6 subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Drawing, Applied Mechanics, Applied Heat, Electrotechnology and Naval Architecture);
- Suitable engineering apprenticeship (NVQ level 3 or above) holders.
Exemptions: If you hold engineering qualifications (degree, HND/HNC or equivalent) completed in the UK or an EU member state, you may apply for an exemption from the academic subjects only. The modules of your engineering Programme must show a match of at least 70% with the IAMI syllabus and you must secure at least 50% pass marks in the respective modules.
|MCA Approved Workshop||3 months||£3200|
|Engineering Science A & B||6 weeks||£500|
|EK General & EK Motor||6 weeks||£500|
|Control engineering||4 weeks||£600|
Note: If you want tution from us,download fee structure here.
- No need to do IELTS preparation course
- You have to do workshop of 3 months in India before or after appearing of academic subjects
- Avail (Study+Exam+Workshop), All at the LJMU Indian campus (Bhubaneswar,Odisha).
- We assist you for Visa application process and NOE application
- Class time is 09:00-17:00 (Monday-Saturday)
- Smart class rooms, best accommodations, well equipped library
- Experienced Faculties (UK COC Holders)
- Exam Oriented Notes and Solutions. (Previous 10 years question paper solution)
- Special Classes for Oral preparation
To be issued with an EOOW unlimited, III/1, Certificate of Competency you must meet the following requirements:
(a) Since the age of 16, have obtained 36 months’ combined seagoing service (in the engine room) and workshop skills training. This must include:
- Seagoing service of not less than 24 months in merchant ships of at least 350 kW
- A further 9 months’ seagoing service on merchant ships of at least 750 kW, which includes onboard training that meets the requirements of section A-III/1 of the STCW Code and is documented in an approved MNTB Training Record Book (TRB) and its associated workbook
- 3 months’ approved workshop skills training
(b) Successfully complete approved education and training Programme, meeting the standards of competency specified in section A-III/1 of the STCW Code, as listed in section 7.4.1.
(c) Hold the applicable ancillary and safety course certificates listed in section 6 (Refer MSN_1857 )
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW Code A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Code A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (STCW Code A-VI/1-4)
(d) Pass the IAMI EOOW written examinations at an approved center in the following subjects:
Engineering Knowledge sections4
- Motor and/or steam
- Control Engineering
(e) Hold a valid ENG1 (medical fitness certificate) or accepted equivalent
(f) Pass MCA the oral examination ‘STCW Reg – III/1 Engineer Officer of the Watch’
Book your seat at SAMET by paying 10,000 INR
& Purchase your MNTB Tarbook by Paying 10,000 INR, please refer
Bank Details: A/C Holder Name- SAMET
A/C NO. – 24021450000032
HDFC Bank IFSc code:- HDFC0002402
Branch:- Vivekananda marg, Bhubaneshwar
Book your course at LJMU,UK
- International applicants are required to pay the above subject payment with their application form. Full Subject payments can be paid via an online credit or debit card payment at:Payment Gateway
Accommodation Facility (Including meal) is provided nearby campus.
Approximately one month prior to your course intake you will receive enrolment and induction instructions. You will be required to attend an enrolment session where you will complete an online enrolment form and pay your course fees in full. Only then you will become a student of the University and receive a student card. You will also be expected to attend an induction day to prepare you for your course and for life as a student at LJMU.
University and examination fees are subject to change from time to time. The fees payable at any stage is the fee current at the time of enrolment or application for examination.