Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator
|LCHS Oil tanker|
The LCHS oil tanker simulator offers a range of models including Aframax, Panamax and VLCC vessel types.
Based on actual cargo handling systems the simulator includes the segregated ballast system, slop tank arrangements, Tank wash arrangement (including COW) and Inert gas system. Detailed visual representations of pipelines, valves, pumps, sensors, gauges and other components in the cargo handling system of an oil tanker realistically recreate the environment. Systems can be operated directly from screen based or hardware controls including buttons, knobs, gauges and switches. Operations include:
- Loading and discharging of different cargo grades with two valve segregation, or homogeneous grade operations
- Tank atmosphere control including Inerting (Dilution or Displacement method), Purging, Gas freeing and Vapor Return management
- Ship to ship transfer
- Tank washing in multiple modes including hot water wash.
- Cargo heating and wash water heating
- Handling washings and disposals as per MARPOL including decanting and discharging through ODMCS
- Tank entry preparations
- Handling of aux. machinery including Hyd. System, AUS, Stripping system, Eductors, UTI and several others.
- Portable and Fixed Gas detection equipment and calibration
Chemical Cargo Handling Simulator accurately reproduces the typical cargo handling systems found on a chemical tanker.
The simulator is modeled on the cargo systems found on IMO type II and type III chemical tankers suitable for the carriage of category X, Y, Z and other substances in bulk. The simulated cargo space is divided into 20 cargo tanks with individual loading and discharging lines including manifolds. An individual tank venting line is provided for each tank along with a segregated ballast system, designated slop tank arrangements and a tank cleaning system.
The simulator allows trainees to operate the complete set of systems and to carry out all standard chemical tanker cargo operations, including:
- Loading and simultaneous discharging of multiple cargo parcels
- Tank atmosphere control including Inerting (Dilution or Displacement), Gas freeing, Nitrogen padding or Purging.
- Ship to Ship Transfers
- Tank cleaning with chemicals , hot sea water or fresh water
- Tank steaming and drying
LNG Simulator offers both MOSS type LNG carriers and Membrane type LNG carrier simulation models.
The Moss type LNG carrier model is based on an IGC type 2G LNG ship with vapour pressures within the atmospheric to 0.25 bars range. The design of the cargo containment system is spherical independent tanks of Kværner-Moss Technology (Moss) consisting of a single wall, insulated, spherical tank, supported by a vertically built skirt. The Membrane type LNG carrier model is based on an IGC type 2G LNG ship with vapor pressures within the atmospheric to 0.25 bars range. The design of the cargo containment system is independent Prismatic tanks which have two barriers forming a thermal insulating membrane tank based on the GAZ Transport and Technigaz (GTT) mark III System.
Layout and realistic visuals of cargo handling system on each model is based on typical system found aboard specific ship type including LNG vaporizers, Forcing vaporizers, HD/LD compressors , heaters , Boil off control and Operation monitoring system based in the cargo control room with remote indications of levels, temperatures, pressures, pump controls, valve controls, ESD controls, temperature and pressure recorders, trim, stress & stability calculators and other systems designed to provide control over the cargo operating system.