Diploma in Higher Education
From Liverpool John Moores University(Chief Mate/Master)
To qualify for the issue of this Certificate of Competency, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a valid OOW unlimited, II/1, Certificate of Competency
- Have completed 12 months’ watchkeeping service while holding an OOW unlimited, II/1, Certificate of Competency
- Hold the applicable ancillary and safety course certificates as listed in MSN https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/msn-1856-mf-uk-requirements-for-master-anddeck-officers section 10
- Discharge book and watch-keeping certificates verifying the 12 months watchkeeping service
- International Applicants should hold a UKBA approved English Language Qualification (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 average)
International Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of £1200
It is also recommended that students obtain:
- Medical Care
- Human Element and Leadership and Management (HELM) – Management
- NAVRAS(O)/NAEST(O) or ECDIS obtained after 1/1/2005 (see later)
N.B:These above courses can be provided during the Chief Mates programme at extra charge.
The fee for this programme is £7200 and a full fee payment will be required at enrolment, payable by cheque, bankers draft, credit or debit card.
International applicants are required to submit a £1200 deposit with their application form. Deposits can be paid via an online credit or debit card payment at https://buyonline.ljmu.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?compid=1&modid=1&catid=1082 When making an online card payment, applicants will be asked to set up a basic account and then will be sent an electronic receipt for their deposit payment via an email. International applicants must submit a receipt for their online card payment with their application form. Please note that your deposit payment is non-refundable.
|Marine Engineering and Structures||24|
|Navigation and Meteorology||24|
|Shipboard Business and Management||24|