Second/Chief Engineer Preparatory Course
SAMET offers Preparatory courses for seafaring marine engineers to cover the following academic subjects:
- Applied Heat
- Applied Mechanics
- Engineering, Systems and Ship Drawing
- Electro Technology
- Naval Architecture
In addition,the following Professional Subjects are also required:
- Engineering Knowledge General and
- Engineering Knowledge Motor
- Necessary sea service to apply for a Notice of Eligibility from the relevant maritime administration for second and chief engineer level.
- EOOW (III/1) or equivalent Certificate of Competency OR Second Engineer (III/2) or equivalent Certificate of Competency
Full details for UK CoC can be found in MCA document MSN-1857(M+F) available from the MCA website.
Approximately one month prior to your course intake you will receive enrollment and induction instructions. You will be required to attend an enrollment session where you will complete an online enrollment form and pay your course fees in full. Only then you will become a student of the University and receive a student card.
University and examination fees are subject to change from time to time. The fees payable at any stage is the fee current at the time of enrolment or application for examination.